Kathryn Mayorga, the woman who accused Cristiano Ronaldo of raping her in 2009, has now asserted that there are three other women who have accused the Juventus star of rape.
Mayorga’s lawyers have stated they are looking into the three other allegations, though none of the women have been named yet. One of the women has apparently claimed the football star raped her after a party.
Another has said Ronaldo ‘hurt’ her, while a third has apparently claimed Ronaldo signed a paid non-disclosure agreement with her, just like he did with Kathryn Mayorga. So far, it is not clear whether these two women have accused the footballer of sexual misconduct or of something else.
Leslie Stovall, the lawyer representing Mayorga, has said in a statement, “I am following up to verify this information.”
While there has been no comment on these claims by Ronaldo’s side, he has clearly denied the allegations by Kathryn Mayorga. The American ex-modelhas sued Portuguese footballer Cristiano Ronaldo of allegedly raping her in a Las Vegas hotel room in 2009.
Last week, Kathryn filed a lawsuit in Clark County, Nevada, claiming that Ronaldo raped her while she screamed and told him not to. She insisted she clearly said ‘no’ and ‘stop’ repeatedly while he raped her.
Mayorga’s lawsuit details that she met Ronaldo at the Palms Hotel and Casino in June 2008. She says the footballer invited her and her friends to his penthouse and asked them to join him in his jacuzzi. As she was changing her clothes in the bathroom, he approached her and exposed himself, asking her to perform oral sex on him.
She further claims that when she refused, he pulled her into the bedroom and raped her while she screamed and tried to get away.
She added that she went to the police on the same day, but did not name Ronaldo has her rapist as she feared public humiliation. However, a few weeks later, she named him in a police interview.
Her lawsuit claims:
“The psychological trauma of the sexual assault, the fear of public humiliation and retaliation and the reiteration of those fears by law enforcement and medical providers left plaintiff terrified and unable to act or advocate for herself.”
She added that the footballer apologized to her for what he had done right after the alleged sexual assault, claiming that he was ‘usually a gentleman’.
The 33-year-old footballer, who currently plays for Juventus, has also been accused of coercing Kathryn into signing a non-disclosure agreement following the sexual assault. She claims she received $375,000 in exchange for keeping quiet about the incident. However, she now seeks to make the agreement void.
Ronaldo has directly addressed the allegations by Mayorga. He tweeted on 3rd October:
“I firmly deny the accusations being issued against me. Rape is an abominable crime that goes against everything that I am and believe in. Keen as I may be to clear my name, I refuse to feed the media spectacle created by people seeking to promote themselves at my expense.”
He also talked about it in an Instagram live session. He did not only deny the rape, but also said news of the lawsuit is entirely false.
He said, “What they said today, fake, fake news. They want to promote by my name. It’s normal. They want to be famous [by saying] my name … But it’s part of the job. I’m [a] happy man. [It’s] all good.”
After the allegations first became public in 2017, as reported by German news publication Del Spiegel. At the time, Cristiano Ronaldo’s representatives denied them, saying the sex between the two individuals was consensual. Now, after the German publication made the news of the lawsuit public, Ronaldo’s lawyer has accused them of illegal reporting.
Meanwhile, the footballer is receiving support and criticism alike.
Love how some Ronaldo fanboys have turned a serious rape accusation into a “lololol Ronaldo haters xD,” as if they could prove their lack of intelligence any further
— 13 (@Asensiazo) October 6, 2018
Perhaps the saddest thing about this Ronaldo rape case is how fans are reacting to it.
They're labeling it propaganda and refuse to believe that a man they've never met could be capable of doing something fairly common amongst men of power and prestige.
— Buffetkhor (@BilkulSahiKaha) October 4, 2018
Ima say this one time, Ronaldo is cancelled until this rape case is actually gotten to the bottom of. So many man have kept silent on this one because they admire him as a footballer. I can't do the whole selective ting especially when all evidence actually points to guilty.
— Yusuf (@Illusiveyusuf) October 8, 2018
"Ronaldo would never sexually assault someone! People are just trying to ruin his career!"
Okay sure because Donald Trump isn't the president, and Kavanaugh wasn't just confirmed to the Supreme Court; rape accusations clearly don't ruin men's careers but go off sis.
— xox zo (@zoe_austen) October 8, 2018
If the woman who’s blaming Ronaldo for rape is lying or trying to scam him into sending more money her way, she should be jailed for a very long time. Rape is wrong fullstop but lying about it is some devilish crime.
— ish. 'GenieDj' (@IshpalDhiman) October 8, 2018
— Cheryl (@cher_1982) October 8, 2018
Ronaldo or his team have not yet commented on the new allegations.