Just Fashion Now (UK)
News
breadcrumb-logo

Home

News

3-Year-old Found Dead, Due to Overdose, by Her Meth-Addict Parents
3-year-old toddler dead due to meth overdose on January 6 in Greencastle, PA. The toddler was left alone for 22 hours before being found by her neglected parents.

3-year-old, Logan Starliper, was found dead by her mother after being left alone for 22 hours. The toddler died of meth overdose on January 6 in Greencastle, PA. 

Drug Overdose

Toddler died because of drug overdose. (Source: Facebook)

Drug Overdose

The parents didn’t check on her for 22 hours. (Source: Facebook)

Logan Starliper is the youngest victim of drug overdose in the recent history of the state. According to police reports, the toddler was put to bed at around 10:30PM by her mother, Brittany Higgins.

The mother’s boyfriend, Brian Bennet stated that he checked the baby after 12 hours but found her asleep. However, police officials confirmed that Logan was neither checked by the mother nor her boyfriend for 22 hours.

Drug Overdose

The baby overdose on methamphetamine. (Source: Facebook)

Higgins and Bennet have been set behind bars after it was discovered that the baby died from an overdose of methamphetamine. The mother informed the police when she found out that the baby was not moving at all.

REAL LIFE. REAL NEWS. REAL VOICES

Support Journal Post
Drug Overdose

Brian Bennet peeked into toddler’s room after 12 hours and thought the child was sleeping. (Source: Franklin County Jail)

The couple has been charged with third degree murder, baby endangerment, possession of drugs and involuntary manslaughter. According to the toxicology report, the baby died because of multiple drug toxicity as it had buprenorphine and methamphetamine in her body.

Buprenorphine can easily be available under the brand name, “Subutex” and is normally used for acute pain and to treat opioid addiction.

Drug Overdose

Brittany Higgins, the mother of toddler is a meth addict. (Source: Franklin County Jail)

Drug Overdose

A lot of pipes and needles were discovered in the house with Meth’s residue on them. (Source: Youtube)

Investigators of the incident revealed that the toddler got access to the drugs because her parents were regular meth users. During an apartment search, pipes with meth residue were discovered by the authorities.

Official records suggested that Higgins injected meth two days before Logan’s death. However, she stated that as her drug supplies were distant, the toddler could not have access to it. On the other hand, Bennet claimed, his drugs were placed on a stand near his bed.

Drug Overdose

The incident took place on 6th January 2018. (Source: Youtube)

Logan’s death is the sixth death by the drug overdose in Franklin County this year. District Attorney of Franklin County, Matthew Fogal said: “The death of this sweet, innocent little girl is the most heartbreaking example of the danger the overdose epidemic has brought to our community and region. We will avenge her and will not rest or tire in working to prevent this from happening to others.”

According to the police, the baby’s face, eyes and cheeks were discolored because of drug overuse. Heavy white residue was stuck on the spoon and needles which Logan’s mother handed over to the Police.

Drug Overdose

Mower is a drug dealer who provided the couple with drugs. (Franklin County Jail)

The couple’s drug dealer, Rodney Allen Mower, stopped by their home around 5PM to deliver the drugs. According to the police, Mower was the only person who visited their house that day. He didn’t leave the house till the next day.

Drug Overdose

Source: Youtube

Drug Overdose

Source: Youtube

The authorities claimed that the couple used to abuse the innocent toddler. Friends and family of the couple stated that they saw bruises and marks all over the child’s body.

One of the neighbors, who refused to be named said: “She was a sweetheart. She liked to dance around like a lot of three-year-olds. Her death, that’s hard to grip.”  

Twitter users condemned the incident as they shared the tragic news:

According to reports, Mower stated that the couple would put up a baby gate in front of the child’s bedroom, before injecting themselves, and she would watch them get high.


Comment

  • Bob
    April 6, 2018

    The family DID try and do something. The system failed this child. Rip Logan.

    0

    0

More From The Post
Just Fashion Now (UK)