16 Times in FRIENDS Joey Tribbiani Made You Say ‘Huh? What?’
Joe Tribbiani is one of the MOST quoted characters to come out of FRIENDS: as the 25th anniversary of the show approaches, catch up on his weirdest moments.
6:58 pm September 23, 2019 Updated
7:53 pm September 23, 2019
TV & Films
Joey Tribbiani was one of the universally favorite characters on FRIENDS. His dumb moments brought everyone joy.
With the 25th anniversary of FRIENDS coming up, we’ve brought you 16 of Joey’s best moments ever.
1. Season 5 Episode 5: Ross and Rachel argued about being on a break while Joey talked about reproduction with condoms
2. Season 5 Episode 10: The one where Joey did not realize that “I win” and “You lose” means essentially the same thing…
3. Season 3 Episode 17: When Joey decided to apply the ambulances rule to airplanes, and wrote the word “HELP” backwards…
4. Season 3 Episode 1: When Joey almost convinced us that he knew what was going on, only to remind us that he’s almost ALWAYS completely clueless
5. Season 7 Episode 14: TRUE Joey fans know he’s never really understood how Adam’s apples work (IYKWIM), and this time was no exception
6. Season 5 Episode 13: Although Joey proved he’s a trendsetter with his tote bag in this episode, he ruined his aesthetic with the 3D glasses, especially because he was somehow convinced his hand became 3D only AFTER putting the glasses on…
7. Season 10 Episode 11: Gene Lester perfectly delivered the frustration of having Joey as a game show partner. But you can’t really blame Joey: who doesn’t put their face in their coffee?
8. Season 5 Episode 22: The game with the quick answers brought out the worst in most of the friends, but Joey messed up with the questions themselves: he asked Ross if he would want to hook up with his sister or his ex
9. Season 3 Episode 8: Season 3 gave us some of Joey’s best moments ever, and this one competes with the rest: Are homo sapiens extinct because they’re gay? NO JUDGMENT!
10. Season 6 Episode 19: This episode of FRIENDS was FULL of hilarious Joey Tribbiani moments, none more so than when he sat in a sickly pile of expired food because the fridge broke (and apparently the trash can became unusable)
11. Season 10 Episode 5: This episode is so popular its used in classrooms around the world to teach students the importance of not overdoing big words. Who knew Joey would ever become a teacher?!
12. Season 2 Episode 1: Joey is in for a nasty shock soon after this scene, so we’ll cut him some slack. The poor guy had a hilariously off understanding of how tailors are supposed to take measurements…
13. Season 3 Episode 5: As much as he would like to think of himself as attuned to his Italian roots, lets just say that Joey and an electric drill do NOT go together.
14. Season 2 Episode 16: Unfortunately, Joey’s weird rules about hygiene ended up with Joey moving out of Chandler’s apartment: NO MORE JOEY AND CHAN-CHAN!
15. Season 10 Episode 13: Joey Tribbiani attempting to speak French is one of the funniest things ever, especially because of his judgment of everyone else that’s ACTUALLY speaking French
16. Season 8 Episode 23: Joey will do pretty much ANYTHING for Phoebe, including pretending to be a doctor, but don’t ask him to do Math