22-year old Youtube star, Logan Paul, is back under fire again. A new video shows him tasering two dead rats on the porch in his $6.5 million home in Encino, California.
The video posted on Monday starts off with Paul displaying his ‘Maverick’ merchandise. He then notices two dead rats on an outside deck, explaining how they were probably brought in by his Pomeranian Kong. His assistant later admits to putting one of the rats there herself.
Paul then tasers the rats against a laughing soundtrack, yelling, “No rat comes into my house without getting tased. Die!”
The rats are then thrown into the trash can, where Paul zaps them again despite his assistant attempting to stop them.
“I hate rats,” he says.
During the video, Paul also flashes back to when he pulled a dying fish out of his pond and attempted to give it CPR to “revitalize it”.
The star, who has more than 15 million subscribers on his YouTube channel, has received a lot of hate online from Twitter users and viewers of his video, about the repeated insensitivity he has shown in his blogging content.
“Ironic how he’s still filming dead stuff,” one user commented.
Regarding animal abuse, even PETA spoke up about the inhumane act.
Watch the full video here:
Paul was under international scrutiny and criticism just last month when he posted a vlog detailing his experience in the Aokigahara forest in Japan. He went there with his friends to spend the night, and was laughing as he told his followers how it was haunted by the souls of the people that had committed suicide there.
In the video, he focused on a dead body the group ran across, laughing as it hang from a tree in front of them.
After intense backlash, the star apologized vowed to take a hiatus and return as “more knowledgeable, more compassionate.”
However, not many were convinced and YouTube broke off ties with the star.
In an interview on Good Morning America with Michael Strahan, Paul, who made over $12.5 million in 2017 with ads on YouTube and sponsored content on his Facebook and Instagram channels, talked about how this episode cost him more than $1 million.
He also mentioned how the intent behind the video was to create awareness, explaining, “The idea was to shock and show the harsh realities of suicide and get people talking about something I don’t think people are talking about much.”
He also talked about how the backlash against the video has affected him since, saying “It’s been tough, cause ironically I’m being told to commit suicide myself.”
He also highlighted how he lays some of the responsibility on the parents who let their kids watch his videos.
“Every parent I meet whose kids are under the age of 9 or 12, I go, ‘Hey, you let your kids watch my stuff.’ And they go, ‘Yeah, what am I going to do?’ But at the same time it’s not like I’m a bad guy. I am a good guy who made a bad decision.”
His hiatus ended recently with a few recently uploaded blogs on his YouTube channel. Many users were upset that he was still being allowed to release content, and even more upset that his content was still tone-deaf and bordering on extreme insensitivity.
“Sorry, but how is this guy back making videos after uploading a video of a person who committed suicide. How has he actually gotten away with it?” a user commented on his recent blog.
Another said, “Welcome back logan. You get to come back after making fun of a dead guy. So this is what white privilege looks like. ?”
We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.